I have so many friends who are interested in thrifting and would love to get in to it but just don’t know where to begin. A lot of people don’t know when is the time to start thrifting or what they can even find in a store. Now, I’ve been thrifting long enough to know that there are actually some styles that are a lot easier to find in thrift stores rather than harder. Thrift stores can be great places to find unique, one-of-a-kind clothing and accessories that can help you create a specific aesthetic. Some styles that may be easier to find at thrift stores include:
- Vintage or retro styles: Thrift stores often have a wide selection of vintage or retro clothing and accessories, such as mid-century dresses, vintage band t-shirts, and retro patterned blouses.
- Bohemian or folk styles: You may be able to find flowy, bohemian-style dresses, embroidered tops, and other folk-inspired clothing at thrift stores.
- Streetwear or urban styles: This is one of the biggest and easiest styles. Thrift stores may have a selection of streetwear-inspired clothing, such as graphic t-shirts, baseball caps, and sneakers. Vintage sportswear, especially from the ‘90s and early ‘00s is everywhere.
- Preppy or classic styles: You may be able to find preppy clothing such as polo shirts, cardigans, and pleated skirts at thrift stores. This style is almost as easy to find as streetwear.
- Eclectic or quirky styles: Thrift stores can be a great place to find unique, eclectic pieces that can help you create a one-of-a-kind, quirky style.
It’s worth noting that the selection at thrift stores can vary widely, and you may need to visit a few different stores or be patient in your search to find the specific items you’re looking for. However, with a little effort, you should be able to find plenty of thrifted items that will help you create the aesthetic or style you’re after.